Membership in FAME is free, and open to parents of students at all levels of music education in the Milton Public Schools, parents of former students and other community residents who wish to work to support music in the schools. We welcome and encourage anyone interested in joining our efforts.
FAME is the parent-organized fundraising arm of the Milton Music Department. If you would like more information or if you would like to volunteer for any of the events or activities listed below, please contact any member of the Steering Committee. You do not have to attend meetings. We’ll contact you only to help out for the specific event if you wish. If you would like to be added to the mailing list, please send an email to
- chaperone music students during their fund-raisers (citrus sale, dances, bottle and can drives)
- transport students and instruments to music events in and around Milton
- staff FAME information tables at Open House, Teachers’ conferences, etc.
- help distribute flyers to advertise music activities/events
- do publicity: place ads, submit newspaper articles etc. about music events
- take tickets or usher at concerts
- sell refreshments or music t-shirts at concerts and other Milton events
- purchase or pick up refreshments for music department events
- organize FAME fund-raisers (benefits, concerts, dances)
- be part of telephone tree to recruit volunteers for specific events